Every day in the U.S., lives are lost, and many people are injured on our roadways due to auto accidents. While some accidents are just that, accidents, many are preventable. If you are injured or lose a loved one in a car accident in Atlanta, our lawyer can inform you of your rights.
Car accident cases are typically governed by the law of negligence or the failure to use reasonable care under the circumstances. The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown works with victims of auto accidents who have been injured due to another driver’s negligence. Our Atlanta personal injury lawyer helps car accident victims seek compensation to cover medical costs, lost income, and other expenses, as well as damages for pain and suffering. Call today for your free consultation.
Should You Hire Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorney?
It is up to you and your family to decide whether hiring legal representation is the right move. While you are deciding what to do following your accident, here are a few pertinent facts to consider:
A Fair Settlement for Your Car Accident Can Be Hard to Get
Many people who are injured in vehicle accidents assume their injuries and costs will be covered by the insurance of the at-fault driver. While this may be true to an extent, it is unwise to assume that they will pay the full amount needed to cover all the costs.
If it is a small injury that only requires a few stitches or quick treatment at the ER, it may not be necessary to hire an attorney. However, when there will be multiple doctor visits, treatments, time lost from work, and various other expenses, consulting a car accident lawyer near you could be in your best interest.
Atlanta Insurance Companies Do Not Always Look Out for Clients
Insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible on accident claims. It is common for the insurance adjusters of the at-fault party to offer a quick settlement to the injured person in hopes they will take the money and not hire a personal injury attorney.
You may think the offer seems reasonable, but there may be costs that you have not considered or have not incurred yet. If you take an early settlement directly from the insurance company, you may not be eligible to seek more compensation later if complications with your accident injury arise.
Our Georgia Car Accident Lawyer Cares About Your Future
If you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is a good idea to talk to the Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown as soon as possible. We offer a no-obligation consultation for those wondering if they should hire an attorney for their insurance claim. A member of our team will give you honest, free advice on your options so you can make the right choice for your situation.
We Take Care of Everything for Our Atlanta Clients
When you are occupied with doctor’s appointments, making arrangements at work, dealing with serious pain, and trying to take care of your family, you probably do not have the time—or the inclination—to deal with the legal process, no matter how justified that action is.
The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown understands your situation and wants to help. Our car accident attorney would be only too glad to:
- Collect evidence by speaking with witnesses, visiting the accident scene, and requesting documentation (e.g., the police report)
- Identify the liable party and ask their insurer to pay you fair compensation for the damage their client has done
- Negotiate with the insurer until they agree to the amount you have asked for or represent you at trial after taking the liable party to court
- Work with you to come up with the right legal strategy to handle your case
- Communicate with the liable party, their lawyer, and their insurance company as often as necessary and relay their responses back to you
- Provide as much advice and information as you need to make the right decisions for you and your family
Financial Compensation for Atlanta Car Accidents
All too often, a traffic crash leads to major expenses and irreparable losses. The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) estimated that there were over 34,000 accident crashes in Atlanta in 2022. These crashes resulted in thousands of personal injuries and 88 deaths.
Such losses were not your fault, and you should not have to bear the financial burden they cause yourself. Our legal team can seek several types of damages for you, which you can then use to support yourself and your dependents as you recover.
Atlanta Personal Injury Compensation
You have suffered unnecessary financial, physical, and emotional pain. For that reason, our car accident attorney in Atlanta, GA, can seek financial compensation for:
- The cost of current medical care and future medical expenses
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Property damage, especially the lost value or use of your vehicle
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
- Loss of wages, earning capacity, employment, or employment opportunities
- Physical or intellectual disabilities, whether temporary or permanent
- Miscellaneous expenses, such as hiring outside help with tasks that you would normally complete alone
- Disfiguring scar tissue, especially if it affects your range of motion and/or is in a highly visible place
Atlanta Wrongful Death Compensation
If you were unfortunate enough to lose a loved one in a motor vehicle crash, please accept our deepest condolences for your loss. A wrongful death attorney from our firm can pursue the damages your loved one could have received had they lived long enough (e.g., medical care, pain and suffering), as well as:
- Loss of financial support if you were reliant on the deceased’s income
- End-of-life expenses for ensuring that your loved one is laid to rest with respect
- Loss of society and companionship, including the deceased’s physical presence, affection, and guidance
Proving Negligence for an Atlanta Vehicle Accident Lawsuit
There are many types of personal injury vehicle accident lawsuits that result from negligent driving. The injured party, known as the plaintiff, is required to prove that:
- The defendant was negligent despite having a legal responsibility to act responsibly and cautiously
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident
- The accident caused the plaintiff’s injuries
- The plaintiff’s injuries are worth the amount of compensation they are seeking
Multiple Parties May Be Liable in Your Atlanta Car Accident
It is not just the driver of the other vehicle that can be found negligent. Depending on the specifics of your accident, there could be multiple liable parties. For example, if the driver was operating the vehicle for their employer at the time of the accident, the employer may be found liable for the injuries caused by their driver.
Our car accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA, can find and confront all liable parties on your behalf.
Our Crash Lawyer Takes on All Kinds of Atlanta Cases
Some of the types of vehicle accident lawsuits that the Georgia car accident attorney at the Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown handles include:
- Distracted driver accidents: It is every driver’s responsibility to keep their eyes on the road, not on their cell phone, the scenery, or something inside their vehicle. We can help you get justice after such a preventable crash.
- Drunk driving accidents: Just like with distracted driving, there is no excuse for getting behind the wheel while intoxicated on any substance. Let our law firm make Atlanta safer by holding drunk drivers responsible for their actions.
- Hit and run accidents: Georgia law, found at O.C.G.A. § 40-6-270, clearly states that leaving the scene of a crash you caused without trying to assist is illegal. Hit and run cases can be very complex, but we are not afraid to help clients with complicated cases.
- Speeding accidents: Speeding does not just mean going over the posted limit. In bad weather, when visibility is poor, every driver needs to slow down enough so they do not hit anyone or lose control. If they hurt you by failing to do this, we can file a claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: While rideshare services are a great convenience, our Atlanta car wreck attorney knows all too well that they can also cause serious crashes—and we want to help you file your case against the rideshare driver or service involved.
We Can Only Assist With Your Atlanta Case for a Limited Time
In Georgia, car accident cases are subject to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. This law states that personal injury victims have two years—and no more than that—from the date of injury to begin a legal action for compensation. Families of a wrongful death generally have two years from the date of death.
We encourage you to get in touch with our auto accident attorney in Atlanta as soon as you can, even if you suspect the deadline has already passed. The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown will do everything possible to help you.
Call Our Auto Accident Lawyer in Atlanta for Help Today
Vehicle crashes are very common sources of severe injuries. The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay us nothing unless we win.
Our Atlanta car accident lawyer can look at all your options to pursue a personal injury claim. Contact our Atlanta office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.