Every year, thousands of people are killed in large truck accidents in the U.S., with too many of these accidents occurring on highways in and around Montgomery. Many more individuals are seriously injured, enduring pain, suffering, and financial loss from their accidents with large trucks. Our lawyer can help you get compensation for that suffering.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a commercial truck accident, the Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown can help you and your family fight for damages to cover your expenses. Our Montgomery personal injury lawyer can work closely with you to protect your rights. Learn how we can help you during your free case evaluation. Call today.
How Our Alabama Truck Accident Attorney Can Advocate for You
Our team recognizes that there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to personal injury cases. The Alabama truck accident lawyer at our firm works hard to come up with the right approach for each individual client by:
- Investigating your truck accident: This often involves requesting documentation from a variety of sources, speaking to witnesses, and even visiting the accident scene. Our firm is prepared to do it all.
- Finding who is responsible: Should you sue the truck driver, the trucking company, both, or someone else? This is one of the first mysteries our trucking accident lawyer in Montgomery can solve for you.
- Calculating your case’s worth: You do not want the insurance company to cheat you out of fair damages. Let us figure out how much your truck wreck is really worth. As our case results show, fair settlements can vary greatly from situation to situation.
- Seeking a settlement or jury award: While we can settle most cases out of court, we will discuss with you the possibility of going to trial if we have to do so. Our truck accident injury lawyer can present your case in the courtroom.
- Handling legal tasks big and small: From negotiating with the insurer to filing paperwork on time, our clients depend on us to take care of every single task associated with their cases—and we strive to deliver.
How Do We Differ From Other Truck Accident Attorneys?
We are far from the only personal injury firm serving the Montgomery area. Unlike other truck accident lawyers, though, we take a specific and personal interest in our clients as human beings. The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown has 30 years of experience and recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of truck accident victims.
Truck accident victims can count on us to provide:
- Provide a free case review over the phone
- Charge absolutely no fees unless and until we win your case for you
- Check-in with you regularly to provide case updates and to make sure you are coping with both the stress of the case and your injuries
- Give you timely advice that can help you make the right legal decisions
Our 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney in Montgomery Can Seek Damages for You
In the majority of large semi-truck accidents, the injured parties are occupants of other vehicles, motorcyclists, bicyclists, or pedestrians. The catastrophic injuries suffered by these parties—that is, by people like you—can be extensive. You are entitled to enough compensation to cover all of your past, present, and future suffering caused by:
- Medical expenses: This may be one of your biggest concerns after the crash, especially if your insurance will not cover all of the treatment you need. With the right settlement, you would not have to worry about affording care again.
- Property damage: A large truck can inflict a lot of damage on a comparatively small car. Our legal team can fight for the money you need to pay for repairs and for alternative transportation while you wait for your car to be fixed.
- Loss of wages: The more serious your injuries, the more work you might miss, and the longer your family will have to go without your income. Our personal injury team can pursue the reimbursement you need.
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress: You should not neglect your physical and emotional pain when seeking damages. Both can increase the amount of money you qualify to receive.
- Disability: Whether you are totally or partially disabled due to the crash, your body and mind may never be the same. The liable party should pay for your loss of mobility, flexibility, and functionality.
- Reduced quality of life: With your injuries, you may have to give up favorite hobbies, or you may need help with basic tasks (e.g., getting dressed). This, too, counts as a compensable damage in Alabama.
When Should You Seek Truck Accident Compensation?
Alabama state law requires that all personal injury suits be filed within two years of the original injury date, per AL Code § 6-2-38. You should, therefore, seek help from our truck accident lawyer in Montgomery, AL, as soon as possible.
In addition to the statutory deadline, we need to contact the trucking company as soon as possible to preserve the information they have in their possession. We will also need time to evaluate your case, gather evidence, and devise the right legal strategy.
Our firm recommends that you receive medical care right away after your crash. Then, once you are stable, your first move can be to contact us.
Why Are Montgomery Truck Collisions So Dangerous?
Large trucks can weigh tens of thousands of pounds and pose a high risk for injuries when involved in a vehicle crash. Drivers of these large vehicles can spend 11 hours or more behind the wheel a day, depending on whether they follow the federal regulations for truck drivers.
The combination of the truck’s large size and the driver’s careless behavior often proves catastrophic, even deadly. When negligence is involved, the truck driver, the employer, and multiple insurance companies may be liable to pay for injuries caused in large truck accidents.
How Large Truck Accidents Happen in Montgomery, Alabama
When a large truck collides with another vehicle or hits a pedestrian, an investigation is needed to determine who is at fault. Our 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Montgomery can conduct a meticulous and thorough investigation on your behalf.
Here are the most common liable parties in the trucking industry we confront after negligence-related truck collisions:
Truck Drivers Passing Through Montgomery
While most truck drivers abide by the rules and regulations of their industry, there are those who may be driving unsafely to meet deadlines. According to Page 28 of a report issued by the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT), the top five causes of truck accidents in the state in 2021 were all related to commercial driver negligence. These causes are:
- Issues related to changing lanes or staying in the correct lane
- Failure to yield the right of way when appropriate
- Failure to notice something or someone in the driver’s path
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Failure to begin braking in time to avoid objects or vehicles
Trucking Companies and Montgomery Accidents
According to that same ALDOT report, there were several hundred truck accidents that involved factors like truck driver fatigue and drunk driving. While the drivers themselves are sometimes to blame in such cases, trucking companies are responsible for the injuries their drivers cause when their workers injure someone while on the job. The truck companies are liable if:
- They pushed the driver too hard, exhausting them or compelling them to use dangerous substances to stay awake
- They did not make sure the driver was qualified and/or failed to make sure the driver kept up with the necessary certifications
- They ignored any safety law or regulation that could have prevented the accident from happening or mitigated the effects of the accident
Truck Manufacturing and Maintenance Errors
As previously stated, most motor vehicle accidents are the result of driver error. Sometimes, however, a problem with the truck itself can cause an accident or make the accident worse. The Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown can see if this is the case for you by checking for the following:
- Signs that any part of the truck was faulty, was the subject of a recall, or should have been the subject of a recall
- The truck’s black box, which can show what the truck and the driver were doing right before the crash
- The trucking company’s records, which can show whether or not the truck had been inspected recently and what, if any, repairs had been done
Does Your Truck Accident Case Involve Multiple Liable Parties?
This is a real possibility. With so many parties involved in the making, maintenance, and operation of a commercial vehicle, our investigation might find that more than one entity contributed to your injuries.
If this happens, your case might get more complicated, but do not worry: our truck accident team does not shy away from tough legal actions. We can identify every single party who caused your crash and fight to hold them accountable for the damage they have done to your health, your finances, and your family.
Our Montgomery Truck Accident Attorney Is Waiting to Hear From You
Truck injury accidents can be more complex than a typical vehicle wreck. Truck accident victims may face multiple entities that can be held liable for damages. It is important to have an attorney who has experience in this type of litigation and will fight for your rights.
If you have been injured in a truck crash, contact the Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown to discuss your claim during a free consultation. Our Montgomery truck accident lawyer will charge you nothing unless and until you win.