The Causes of Car Wreck Litigation
Despite significant safety improvements in the design of roads and automobiles nowadays, car accidents still remain quite common. Usually, people file for car wreck litigations if they have experienced an accident, due to the negligence of another driver and have suffered injuries. The greater the injury or damage caused from a car accident the more likely it is that a lawsuit will follow. To understand more about why people file for car wreck litigation, let’s take a look at a few of the possible reasons for automobile accidents:
- Driver Error
- Among the most common causes of automobile accidents is driver error. These simple errors include disregard of traffic control devices, unsafe passing, driving at high speeds, and following other cars to closely.
- Road Design
- Sometimes poorly designed roads or traffic control can cause accidents. Such defects will result in liability by the government agency responsible for the maintenance and designing of the road. However, government immunity may apply in some cases.
- Bad Weather
- Sometimes, even bad weather can causes accidents. Usually in storms, drivers are unable to see the road clearly and smash into other drivers.
- Distractions are common causes for automobile accidents. These distractions can include reading while driving, putting makeup on while driving, changing music, and smoking.
- Intoxication can cause serious damages to the person driving and to other people as well. Accidents can be caused due to the consumption of drugs or alcohol.
- Road Conditions
- Roads which have been poorly built or have the presence of objects or debris may lead to accidents. In these cases too, the relevant agency responsible will be taken into court.
- Vehicle Defects
- At times, accidents can be caused because of defects in another driver’s vehicle. These defects include mechanical failure, brake failure and tire blowout. Sometimes, vehicle defects may occur due to poor design and this may be held against the manufacturer of the vehicle.
Other causes of car wreck litigation include hit and run accidents, aftermarket vehicle modifications, bus accidents, car bicycle accidents, and car pedestrian accidents.
Posted on behalf of the Law Office of Dwayne L. Brown